Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jonas Has Gone Back for the Others..

I heard him approach, then the sound died away. Itkillik Group 2 must be down to 4 now, so he should be able to get all of them back, assuming he can fly back at this point. From the sound he's to our South and West, tracking the Itkillik North. Of course he has a GPS unit but from what little I understand about these things the pilot has to be able to see terra firma in order to fly.

I just can't sleep until I find out what happens next. Until then I'm rather a nervous wreck. I turned off my space heater to be able to hear Jonas' approach, and now that he's gone I can turn the blower back on, but I don't want to miss anything. As with the generator, I imagine that I can still hear the faint hum of the Toolik Taxi.

I guess as I have quite a stomach ache right now and it would be hard to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment